The Housing Company is dedicated to providing rental housing options for Idaho families. Our mission is to help our residents achieve individual and family goals and to foster community pride by providing and managing apartment communities which offer affordable rents and desirable living conditions.
Our employees are the support we need in order to be successful in meeting the following objectives:
- Develop and/or acquire multifamily housing complexes which demonstrate economic feasibility.
- Continue to maintain affordability in existing complexes while insuring economic feasibility and superior maintenance.
- Maintain efficiency and consistency in reporting financial results to our Board, investors, and other interested parties.
- Insure to the greatest extent possible that investors achieve the priority returns projected for tax credit developments.
- Continue to provide professional service to all internal and external customers.
- Utilize technology to maximize business efficiency and facilitate continued growth.
- Continue to educate and train staff to stay abreast of changing industry regulations, funding resources, and innovative housing opportunities.
- Provide an opportunity for an improved quality of life for our tenants and establish a stable community atmosphere in each development by incorporating youth activities and other social opportunities within economic parameters.
The Housing Company places great confidence in the abilities of its employees and is dedicated to supporting their growth and success. By working for The Housing Company, you will be applying practices and providing the services that will make our mission a reality.
The Housing Company employees enjoy working in a community atmosphere, often close to home. We offer flexible work hours as long as we are meeting the needs of the company and its customers. Some positions are eligible to receive an apartment unit and utility allowance as part of their compensation.
Diversity and Inclusion
At The Housing Company, diversity means the similarities and differences among our employees, customers, and partners. Our employees represent diverse perspectives, opinions, and experiences, yet we function as a single, passionate group in our commitment to Idaho Housing’s mission.
- Medical plan for eligible employees and dependents. The Housing Company pays 100% of the premium for employee only coverage.
- Medical Plan includes a life insurance policy for employee, spouse and eligible dependents.
- Tiered prescription drug coverage.
- 100% Employer funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) for eligible employees.
- Voluntary dental and vision group plans available, premiums for these plans are deducted on a pre-tax basis.
- Deferred Compensation Plan 457(k) and Roth 457(k) available to employees who wish to save for retirement.
- Deferred Compensation contributions are eligible for company match, dollar for dollar, up to 2% of base annual salary.
Holidays and Time off
- 10 Paid Holidays per year.
- Sick leave and Vacation leave accruals.